Utility/Rental Assistance Programs
UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
If you need assitance in paying your utility bills, there are several programs available. Please click the links below or stop in the City Office for more information.
Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
Updt 5/24/2023: The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) only has a few months left. Any funds not expended by the end of September will be returned to the Federal Government. We want to ensure that all eligible clients receive assistance. Financial assistance to be paid directly to the utility provider for water utility services is available for households with past due water utility bills, as well as for households with current water utility bills.
- Apply on-line at HERE
- In-person at a DHHS Office https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Public-Assistance-Offices.aspx
- By calling ACCESSNebraska at the number below:
- Lincoln: (402) 323-3900;
- Omaha: (402) 595-1258; or,
All other Nebraska communities: Toll-free: (800) 383-4278
Lancaster County Villages & Townships Rental and Utility Assistance
- Apply online at HERE
- Contact Lisa at 402-580-3263 for more information
Need help paying your bills?
- Rental and Utility assistance is available
- If you or someone you know is behind on rent or utility payments, Community Action may be able to provide emergency financial assistance.
- Assistance is available to residents of Saunders and rural Lancaster County. Income limits may apply, depending on the situation.
- Easy to apply - call today!
- Saunders County: 531-289-8364
- Rural Lancaster County: 531-289-8777
- Open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- To learn more, visit: www.communityactionatwork.org