Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Waverly

Misc Permits


Ajax Loading Image


Golf Cart, ATV, UTV License

Anyone wanting to operate any off-road recreational vehicle within City limits (Golf Cart / ATV / UTV) MUST license your vehicle prior at the City Office. Please bring a paper copy of your proof of insurance into the City Office to register/renew. Make sure you have a current sticker before driving your vehicle!


  • You must be a Waverly resident and have an Operator's license.
  • Have your insurance information and driver's license with you while driving your vehicle.
  • Insurance and sticker must be current at all times while operating your vehicle. (Please turn in updated insurance if it expires after you get your sticker so our records show you are current.)
  • Vehicle must have 4 wheels.
  • All vehicles must be equipped with a safety flag in a day-glow color, triangular in shape, and at least 30 square inches, which extends not less than five (5) feet above the ground and extends at least six (6) inches above the highest point of the vehicle, when attached to the rear of the vehicle.
  • You are required to use lights and turn signals if your vehicle is equipped with them.
  • Vehicles are only permitted from SUNRISE to SUNSET.
  • Golf carts are only permitted on streets and driveways. (No driving on sidewalks, through parks, or on grass.)
  • Golf carts are only permitted in residential streets. No ATVs or Golf Carts allowed on Hwy 6, Amberly Road, or Cannongate Road. This includes when speed limit is 25 mph during school zone hours (Amberly has more than 2 lanes).
  • Golf carts are not permitted on highways or streets with more than 2 lanes. You may only cross HWY 6 at the stop light.

Initial Registration fee: $25 (Prorated)
This includes a license plate and current sticker, which must be displayed on your vehicle.

Renewal fee: $10
Due annually, in January. You will receive a current sticker. Note: You are responsible for getting your updated insurance to the City Office when it expires, regardless of whether your sticker is current. If your insurance is not current or not in the vehicle, you run the risk of being issued a citation. Please call the office with questions. 402-786-2312.


*Please review the rules before driving your off-road utility vehicle or golf cart!