Building Inspector / Zoning Administrator
Email Building & Zoning Department
City of Waverly
14130 Lancashire Street
Waverly, NE 68462
Hours of Operation: M-F 8-4:30
Call 402-786-2312 or Email the Building/Zoning Department to schedule an inspection.
Why do I need a Building Permit?
A building permit is required to ensure the projects meet minimum standards for safety and health purposes. Unsafe building conditions can lead to potentially disastrous effects.
When do I need a Building Permit?
The following work REQUIRES a building permit:
- Repairs when structural members are involved, or which change location of openings.
- New construction including additions, enclosing porches, accessory buildings, and garages.
- Moving or wrecking buildings.
- Fireplaces or wood-burning appliances.
- Patio covers and carports.
- Interior remodeling when alterations require removal of walls or adding new rooms.
- Public sidewalk and driveway approach
- Swimming Pools
When do I need an Electrical Permit?
- Any new electrical wiring including light fixtures, receptacles, electrical services, and rewiring.
You do not need a permit to replace existing light fixtures, switches, and receptacles or minor repairs.
When do I need a Plumbing or Mechanical Permit?
- Any new construction including additions
- New or replacement water heaters, furnaces, sewers, and water services.
- Backflow preventers, lawn sprinkler systems, water softeners, and reverse osmosis.
When are inspections required?
- Footings - when formed and ready to pour.
- Foundations - when waterproofing is complete and ready for backfilling.
- Framing - when all framing, wiring, plumbing, and venting is done and walls are ready for covering.
- Plumbing - open rough-in and final.
- Gas - open rough-in and final.
- Mechanical - open rough-in and final.
- Electrical - open rough-in, service, and final.
- Final - project is completed and /or ready for occupancy.
- ALL PERMITS REQUIRE A FINAL INSPECTION.
Adopted Regulatory Codes
2018 International Building Code
2018 International Residential Code
2018 International Energy Conservation Code
2018 International Plumbing Code
2018 International Mechanical Code
2018 International Gas Piping Code
2018 International Existing Building Code
2018 International Property Maintenance Code
— See Chapter 150 of the Waverly Municipal Code for Amendments.
— Electrical Codes are regulated by the State of Nebraska Electrical Division.
24-HOUR NOTICE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL INSPECTIONS