Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Waverly

Building & Zoning


Ajax Loading Image


It is the City’s responsibility to assure that the health, fire, and housing safety needs of the public are maintained through adherence to those requirements established by law in the construction or use of every building in our community. By accomplishing this mission the quality of life in the community is enhanced

Homeowners Associations List

There are five major Homeowners Associations in Waverly. Anderson North Park has the most available land for growth and is located on the north side of town. Aspen Park is just north of Highway 6 on the western side of town. Evandale Estates is located on the eastern part of town and the eastern portion is East Evandale Estates. The Riley area is just south of Amberly Road and north of Interstate 80.

  • Anderson North Park HOA
  • Aspen Park HOA
  • Evandale Estates HOA
  • East Evandale Estates HOA
  • Riley HOA


Additional Resources

Zoning Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Comprehensive Plan?

The Comprehensive Plan is a plan designed by the city to accommodate the city’s expansion and development. It helps to implement quality control and maintain a comfortable standard of living. Part of the plan is to establish Zoning regulations in order to plan for the continued development of the land in Waverly. Comprehensive Plan can be found HERE.


What is Zoning?

Zoning is what decides the layout of the city. It plots areas of land and what they can be used for. Not only does this prevent industrial centers from being in the middle of neighborhoods, but helps the city when predicting things like traffic, road construction, and plumbing. It also helps the city decide where to put public facilities like schools and parks.


How does a property owner find out what use types are allowed on their property, in their zoning?

To find out what is allowed in your zone, you can contact the city office and talk to the Zoning Administrator or visit Zoning Regulations and browse the city’s Land Development Ordinance.


What if the use type is not allowed?

If you have a unique property that you believe is preventing you from doing something you feel is allowed within your zone, you can submit a Variance Request From and meet with the Board of Adjustments.

If you want to change your zone type, you can review the Amendment Procedure in Chapter 12, article 11.1204 of the Zoning Regulations


I think my neighbor is violating his zoning rules. How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to make a complaint, please fill out our Complaint Form, or submit online through our code violation portal on iWorQ.


What can I do if my neighbor is trying to change the zoning on his/her property and I don’t like his/ plans?

First, you can contact the applicant directly to discuss your concerns. You have the right to comment on any application filed. You can comment in person by testifying at the official public hearing or in writing or by fax or e-mail prior to the hearing.


Where can I get a map showing the area around the property I am interested in purchasing.

There are several maps available: the Waverly Address Map, the Waverly Official Zoning Map, and be sure to view the Lancaster County GIS for detailed property maps.


Where can I find information on Blight and Substandard?

The purpose of the Blight & Substandard Determination Study was to identify the areas throughout Waverly that are considered blight & substandard and apply the criteria set forth by the Nebraska Community Development Law, Section 18-2103. These are areas include vacant lots, abandoned property, environmental nuisances, and other signs of neglect. Additional information can be found here: Waverly, Nebraska Blight & Substandard Determination Study & General Redevelopment Plan