The Waverly Volunteer Fire Department is always looking for more help. Many of the current volunteers have jobs outside of Waverly during the day. This can make it difficult to have personnel on site in the event the Fire Department is needed during the day. As a result, the Fire Depart is looking for people who could be available during the day in particular. If you’re interested in volunteering, you can contact Rodger Alley at the Fire Station at (402) 786-3055 and leave a message. During the work day you may also call the City Office at (402) 786-2312 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and leave a message for Fire Chief Rodger.
- Must Live or Work within the district
- Required to take a hazardous materials class
- Required to know CPR and first aid
- Training in town (through the fire marshal)
- Fire Fighter 1 (8 month training)
- EMT training (required to work in ambulance)